1. every time i want to drive somewhere i have to get in the van from the passenger-side door because mine is jammed. the dealership says it will cost a couple hundred dollars to fix. maybe climbing in from the other door isn’t so bad after all.
2. to top it off, sam left food in our fancy van overnight and it smells like throw-up in there. (not like it didn’t smell that way already).
3. after refusing to buy any of the mulled over, rejected, $40 costumes at target, my sister suggested i dress samuel like linus (charlie brown) because his blanket smells like old man and he always seems to have a coat of dust about him. is that a compliment, a slight jab, or a free costume? not sure how to interpret that.
4. not a day goes by that i don’t feel guilty about what i feed my children.
5. it takes me about an hour to fall asleep every night.
6. i am seriously obsessing over regina spektor right now. where has she been my whole life?!!?
7. i return about 1/2 of the clothes i buy. and i constantly think about returning the other 1/2.
8. letting manoah use the ‘kids training cart” at vons was a serious error on my part as a parent.
9. watching my 16 month old climb bunk beds alone just about gave me a heart attack.
10. outside of church sunday i listened to a close friend share her deepest fears and i saw her heart… made me feel like i was really at church.
11. there are 3 baskets of unfolded clean clothes in the hallway that i have been stepping over for 5 days.
12. sam just confessed that he doesn’t like soup. that is the only meal i brought into this marriage. crock pot: pour the broth, throw in the chicken, add the spices and press start. after 5 years of soup, he just confessed.
13. i love when the weather changes. we can’t get enough of it here in san diego. we get so excited about it! we talk about with the starbucks barista, watch the news, weather updates, facebook about it, and now i’m blogging about it. kind of weird.
14. i spelled my best friend’s son’s name wrong on his birthday card. but the girl who made his birthday cake spelled it wrong on his cake. that made me feel better. (it was a delicious cake though, kara)
15. i cried leaving my friends house the other night. it was a moment when i let the reality of who i am, with my issues, and insecurities surface. self-awareness is painful.
16. we watched Leap Year and we loved it. in retrospect i’m thinking we must have been really tired because we laughed. a lot.
17. when i run out of things to check on the internet, i wonder what i’m really looking for. what could i find, read, or discover that could distract me from me. nothing.
18. i am SO excited about launching my new site, blog, and name in a few weeks. yes, new name. it’s gonna be good!
19. and my internet is down. hence the reason for no picture today. cox. grrrr.
20. is anyone really still reading this?
to the reader who leaves the most random comment about their life, i’ll send a $10 itunes gift card. with deep hopes that you will download miss regina.